Monday, December 8, 2008

Back on!

Alright, alright!!  It's been a while since I posted to this blog.  My absence wasn't really because I didn't have much to write about, and it has certainly not been for the lack of ups and downs in Silicon Valley.  it had more to do with not having much readership when I first started.  But now that I have other blogs signed up to syndicate my posts, I have a keener motivation to share.

In my last post (in late July 2008) I brought up a question that was driven by a friend (an executive in a semi equipment vendor) having seen **some** signs of recovery.  A lot has taken placed since then.  An economic recession has been "declared".  The Sequoia Capital so-called "Presentation of Doom" has been viewed all over the world.  Barak Obama was elected president.  We have seen a series of layoffs, in or outside of Silicon Valley.  And financial bailouts are in the making.  I guess all of these events have answered the question posed in my last post: It was probably wishful thinking on my friend's part.

No comments: